Tuesday, November 17, 2009

How Do you Deal with Friends & Family Who Are Pregnant?

Since losing my daughter, and trying to conceive again, I have since realized that Facebook is the devil.

Ever notice how the 'Fertiles' are seemingly ALWAYS pregnant? And don't you LOVE seeing the minute by minute updates? 'Oh, the baby just kicked!' or '3 weeks until my baby boy will be here!'

One thing that really kills me, is the pregnant people who complain. 'I hate being pregnant'. Nothing makes me want to scream more than seeing those status updates.

Take a girl I know, for example. Let's call her G.
G suffered a miscarriage a few months prior to mine. She got pregnant again (let's not look at how bad of an idea I think this is) and is now almost at full term. Any lady who's suffered a loss would be over the moon with this, yes?

Not G. G's biggest complaint is that she isn't having a girl. In fact, she's quite disappointed.

(Insert murderous glint in my eye here)Thank god someone in Facebook land had the foresight to include a 'hide' button.

So, this leads me to the question - how do you deal with the news of friends and family's pregnancy?

1 comment:

  1. I am truly happy for them and was always devastated for me. I have 1 son I had early in life and then got married and couldn't get pregnant. We had to do IVF - and have 1 son through IVF and just finished another round of IVF and I am pregnant again. I didn't go to baby showers etc. It was way too hard. I have a cousin who has 5 children by 5 fathers and every time I thought about her I would want to scream WHY - ok and sometimes when I was alone I did and then cried!

    ReplyDelete